Investigative reporter, WFYI/Side Effects Public Media (May 2018-present)
- Report, produce and co-host Sick, a serial podcast about health inequities
- Produce enterprise radio and digital stories on health care topics including the COVID-19 pandemic, maternal health and racial health care disparities in the Midwest.
- As a multimedia reporter/editor from 2018-2019, I maintained social media, a weekly email newsletter and website for Side Effects Public Media, a health journalism reporting collaborative led by Indianapolis public media station WFYI. Edited other reporters’ content to present online and in social media posts.
The Herald-Times (2012-May 2018)
- Digital projects and social media editor, 2016-2018
Created video and audio multimedia packages to accompany personal reporting and the work of other reporters. Built interactive and in-depth web presence of content on HeraldTimesOnline.com. Managed and increased social media presence on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. Developed and managed a commenting system. Developed analytics reports of website performance using Google Analytics.
- News reporter, 2014-2016
Maintained health and social services beat, writing breaking news and features as well as daily stories about medicine, scientific studies and business news related to the local hospital, nonprofits and health care providers. Also served as a general assignment reporter.
- Freelance writer, 2012-2014
Additional skills: Working with content management systems, Adobe Audition and Premier, Final Cut Pro, social media, AP and NPR styles
Honors and awards: Sick (Best Podcast, Public Media Journalists Association, 2020; Regional Edward R. Murrow Award, Large Market Radio Podcast, 2020), Part of Side Effects reporting team named Indiana’s Journalists of the Year (Society of Professional Journalists Indiana, 2019); First place, enterprise story (Indiana Associated Press Broadcasters Association, 2019), second place, feature story (Indiana Associated Press Broadcasters Association, 2019); First place, best video (Indiana Associated Press Media Editors, 2017); First place, breaking news coverage under deadline pressure (Hoosier State Press Association, 2015, 2017); First place, best short feature (HSPA, 2016); third place, best investigative reporting (Indiana Associated Press Media Editors, 2017)
Towson University, 2012
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication with concentrations in journalism and new media and public relations